2016 Volkswagen e-Golf Torrance CA
The new 2016 Volkswagen e-Golf is one of the best options for an electric car on the market. With all of the functionality of the Volkswagen Golf, the e-Golf presents a more eco-friendly alternative with the same great hatchback construction you can rely on.
Trims and Pricing
To meet everyone’s differing needs, two trims are available for the e-Golf. Choose which one has the right equipment for you:
- 2016 Volkswagen e-Golf SE – MSRP starting at $28,995*
- 2016 Volkswagen e-Golf SEL Premium – MSRP starting at $35,595*
Electric cars suffer from many stereotypes. Drivers tend to think that electric vehicles are slow, expensive and just plain boring. On top of that, many drivers expect an electric powered car to get poor range that is really only enough for their daily commute. Well, when it comes to the 2016 Volkswagen e-Golf near Torrance CA, you can set all of those electric car stereotypes aside, because Volkswagen's electric Golf gets impressive range and is sporty, affordable and a blast to drive.
Get in touch with us at Pacific Volkswagen to get behind the wheel and experience electric driving for yourself, or read on to learn more. For so much sophistication and electric power, the e-Golf is surprisingly affordable. Plus, when you consider the possibility for a federal tax credit, purchasing an e-Golf can really fit into just about any budget. Once you're behind the wheel of the 2016 VW e-Golf, you'll find that great features are available at a great price.
The e-Golf runs completely off electric battery power, which means you don’t have to return to a gas station ever again. Perfect for city driving, the e-Golf is an excellent option for California drivers, generating up to 115-hp:
- 83 Mile Range – You don’t have to charge up for up to 83 miles, which means you rarely need to fill up for short commutes.
- Three Driving Modes – The e-Golf is designed to switch between Normal, Eco, and Eco+ modes for maximum efficiency.
- Three Braking Modes – Regenerative braking means the power created from using the cars brakes is stored in the battery for future use to power the car.
- Removable Battery for Home Charging – Choose this available package to allow you to charge your battery at home so charging stations needn’t be a worry.
The e-Golf is a four door hatchback, just like the Golf. You won’t be able to tell this is an electric car from the outside because there’s nothing it can’t do. Standard on the e-Golf are features such as power heated side mirrors, keyless entry, automatic LED running lights, and 16-inch alloy wheels with low-rolling-resistance all-season tires. On the SEL trim, enjoy LED headlights.
Interior Features and Design
There’s no shortage of great features inside the e-Golf. Seating five comfortably, the SE comes with premium fabric upholstery, and the SEL comes with leatherette seating:
- Touchscreen Display – Use the rearview camera, navigation, and control audio connectivity and so much more with this display. A 6.5-inch screen is standard on the SE, while the SEL has an 8-inch screen.
- Weather Accommodations – Enjoy dual-zone climate controls with rear vents, an electrically heated windshield, and heated seats.
- MIB ii – Use Volkswagen’s infotainment system for smartphone connectivity with Apple Carplay or Android Auto.
The e-Golf's impressive electric motor delivers 115 horsepower and 199 lb.-ft. of torque, providing you with a sporty drive that could make you wonder why you didn't switch to electric power sooner.
Travel up to 83 miles with one charge of your VW e-Golf. Many drivers will find that is plenty for their daily commute, errands and other needs throughout the day. When you arrive home for the evening, just plug in and you'll be ready to go again in the morning.
New for the 2016 model year is the MIB II touchscreen infotainment system that allows for smartphone connectivity through Apple CarPlay and Android Auto. Other features to be found include keyless access with push-button start, a rearview camera and available LED headlights.
Advanced Safety Technologies
The NHTSA and IIHS have not yet rated the e-Golf separately from the Golf, but the Golf is a 2016 Top Safety Pick+ from the IIHS. Enjoy these additional advanced safety technologies:
- Front Assist – Using Forward Collision Warning, be alerted with a frontal collision is detected to be imminent by the vehicle to avoid an accident.
- Park Assist – These sensors help guide you into parking spaces to prevent hitting any cars or pedestrians.
- Rearview Camera System – Too many accidents happen while in reverse. Use this rearview camera to avoid any mishaps.
2016 Volkswagen e-Golf Reviews
The e-Golf is a favorite electric car among critics who applaud its solid performance, design, and technology options.
- Car and Driver: “Sporting most of the excellence of its gasoline-powered counterpart, the e-Golf zaps its way into a growing field of affordable electrics. Novel packaging of the battery components avoids cutting into passenger space.”
- Edmunds: One of our favorite electric vehicles, the 2016 Volkswagen e-Golf stands out from the growing crowd of EVs with its superior driving dynamics, impressive range and optimized battery charging equipment. And thanks to careful packaging, it has all the practicality of any other four-door Golf hatchback.
- LA Times: “The car is worth promoting. The VW e-Golf is a spirited runabout that deserves its place in the popular Golf family. In going electric, it makes almost no compromises in terms of performance, comfort or cargo space. It looks like a Golf, and it runs like a Golf.”
- Left Lane News: “Visually, the e-Golf looks similar to its gas- and diesel-burning siblings but it packs model-specific 16-inch alloy wheels that boast an aerodynamic design, LED headlights, C-shaped daytime running lights integrated into the lower bumper and blue trim accents all around.”
Give the 2016 Volkswagen e-Golf a Try Today
Also new for the 2016 model year is the Driver Assistance Package which will have a late availability. Features to be included are Forward Collision Warning and Autonomous Emergency Braking, and Parking Steering Assistant. The modern electric power in the e-Golf is certainly reflected through the model's sophisticated design and amenities. And thanks to the different driving modes, Normal, Eco and Eco+, you can get just the drive you want, whether it be a thrilling adventure through the city or an efficient road trip drive.
There is so much to experience from the 2016 Volkswagen e-Golf near Torrance CA that we can't possibly share it all here. To fully understand the joys of electric driving in the e-Golf, get in touch with us at Pacific Volkswagen. We would be happy to get you behind the wheel and on the road to efficient, zero-tailpipe-emissions driving.
At Pacific VW, we’re here seven days a week to assist you in purchasing your next car. Give us a call today to schedule a test drive for the new e-Golf. Our phone number is 855-457-5767.
We’re located at 14900 Hindry Avenue in Hawthorne, CA. Our friendly staff is available to help our Manhattan Beach, Torrance, and Long Beach drivers drive home with a new vehicle today. Stop by today!