2017 Volkswagen Tiguan
If you're in the market for a compact SUV, then the VW Tiguan certainly should be one of the models near the top of your list. Its versatility is combined with a fun-to-drive driving experience that you simply have to try out for yourself. To get behind the wheel of the 2017 Volkswagen Tiguan near Torrance CA, contact us at Pacific Volkswagen.
Do you need your next Manhattan Beach adventure or carpool vehicle? The refreshed 2017 Volkswagen Tiguan is ready to give you plenty of space paired with an unbelievable amount of customization.
You can give us a call or fill out the form down below to check on the model's availability for a test drive. We're happy to answer any questions you have. That being said, if you need to learn more about the vehicle and its capabilities, just read on to see how the Tiguan can meet your wide variety of driving needs.
Under the hood, the Tiguan comes equipped with a 2.0-liter turbocharged engine that delivers up to 200 horsepower and 207 lb-ft of torque. It also offers an available 4MOTION AWD system.
Staying connected on the road is important these days, which is why the Tiguan has a touchscreen vehicle display. In addition, it offers available VW Car-Net App-Connect which integrates Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
Just about every compact SUV can offer a decent amount of cargo room. The Tiguan is no different with an impressive 56.1 cu ft of cargo space. What really makes the Tiguan stand out in this area, however, is its 40/20/40-split folding rear seats.
Trims and Pricing
It’s rare to have this much choice in one model, but the 2017 Tiguan is forging new ground:
- S: VW certainly knows how to maximize a trip with Bluetooth, VW Car-Net App Connect and heated power side mirrors with turn signals. Prices start at $24,995*.
- S With 4MOTION: Get everything on the S trim along with the well-known 4MOTION AWD system. Starts at $26,970*.
- Wolfsburg Edition: This trim includes the power tilting panoramic sunroof and 17-inch alloy wheels. Prices begin at $30,095*.
- Wolfsburg Edition With 4MOTION: Upgrade with the all wheel drive system for a trim that combines amenity and utility. Starts at $32,070*.
- Sport: The bumper, side skirts, wheel arches, and mirrors are all re-worked for a sportier look. Prices start at $32,605*.
- Sport With 4MOTION: Match this trim’s sporty look with the powerful all wheel drive system. Starts at $34,580*.
- SEL: Perform better on the roads with an independent MacPherson strut and 4-link suspension. Prices begin at $34,500*.
- SEL With 4MOTION: Add the power tilting sunroof and all wheel drive system to your trim. Prices start at $36,475*.
Stand out on the Long Beach roads with an interesting array of exterior flash:
- Panoramic Sunroof: Let in plenty of sunlight with a 12.7 square foot sunroof that extends over your backseat.
- Bi-Xenon Headlights: These headlights use less energy, have a longer life, and shine brighter than your normal headlights.
- LED Daytime Running Lights: The LED DRLs give you that extra bit you need to see and be seen when the weather gets rough.
How does the Tiguan stay ahead of the rest of the morning commuters? It uses the right mix of performance parts:
- 6-Speed Automatic Transmission: Seamless shifting is the name of the game, and when you need more, engage the sport mode.
- 4MOTION All Wheel Drive: Tackle any weather or road conditions with the adaptive all wheel drive system.
- 2.0L 4-Cylinder Turbo Engine: Enjoy turbo power maxing out at 200 hp and 207 lb-ft of torque.
Interior Features and Design
Stay comfortable on your next Torrance adventure with an impressive collection of entertainment features:
- VW Car Net App Connect: Control your smart phone's apps from your console.
- Fender Premium Audio: Nine speakers give you 400 watts of power.
- SiriusXM Satellite Radio: Get 150 channels of the hottest entertainment on the go.
Advanced Safety Technologies
Keep your peace of mind on your next adventure with a strong system of safety features behind you:
- Intelligent Crash Response System: If your air bags deploy, the IRC system can unlock doors, turn off the fuel pump, and engage hazard lights.
- Automatic Post Collision Braking System: After a collision, this system will help bring your car to a full stop to minimize further damage.
- Stability Enhancing Systems: Take advantage of seven total systems including Electronic Brake Pressure Distribution and Electronic Stability Control.
2017 Volkswagen Tiguan Reviews
What are the experts saying about the 2017 Tiguan?
- GT Spirit: “Arriving at the front-end of the new Tiguan, the car makes a wider appearance due to the increased physical width and alignment of both grille and headlights. The optional full-LED headlights come standard with the “Highline” package, accentuating the car’s front even more.”
- Edmunds: “Sporty handling doesn't come at the expense of a comfortable ride quality (except Sport trim); engine offers punchy turbocharged performance; interior materials feel premium; cabin is quiet at highway speeds.”
- Motor Trend: “A sharp character line extends the length of the car from the boomerang-style taillights to just beyond the front doors. Helpfully, Volkswagen says the tailgate opening has been widened and the load floor is lower, which should facilitate loading cargo.”
- Car and Driver: “From behind the wheel, the [its] relatively low cowl and generous glass area offer commanding visibility in any direction. The MQB bones bestow a stiff-feeling structure, and there’s little noise intrusion from the suspension and tires, even over crunchy packed-snow roads.”
Stop By for a Test Drive at Pacific VW
Are you ready to finally take the 2017 Tiguan for a spin? Come down to Pacific VW, which is located at 14900 Hindry Avenue, and take your new SUV for a test drive. Do you want to make an appointment or ask a few questions, give us a call at (877) 425-0939 or fill out a quick contact form.
*Prices exclude transportation, taxes, title, other options and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual price.