The 2017 Volkswagen Jetta’s Performance Capabilities
2017’s most versatile compact performance sedan is the 2017 Volkswagen Jetta. Learn more about its performance technologies, including four-corner independent suspension, outstanding fuel economy to save you money on gas, and your choice of one of three versatile and powerful engines in this comprehensive overview. For drivers in the Manhattan Beach, Long Beach, and Torrance areas, the Jetta is a great choice for getting around town in style and without spending a fortune at the pump. For more information about taking the 2017 Volkswagen Jetta for a test drive, visit us today at Pacific VW – our contact information is listed below.
Engine Options Available for the 2017 Volkswagen Jetta
One of the first decisions you’ll need to make if you’re considering investing in your very own new Volkswagen Jetta is which engine to choose. There are three different engines available for the new Jetta, and it’s critical that you pick the right one to match your driving style and automotive needs. Your three choices are as follows:
- 1.4L Turbo: The 1.4L turbocharged direct injection engine is the perfect synthesis of value and efficiency with plenty of power to boot. You’ll feel the thundering 150 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque, all while achieving 28 mpg in the city* and 40 mpg on the highway*. Again, the 1.4L turbocharged engine is the ideal choice for drivers who want maximum efficiency and affordability all while receiving the benefits of excellent horsepower and torque.
- 1.8L Turbo: Ready to take your 2017 Volkswagen Jetta to the next level? Check out the 1.8L turbocharged lightweight direct injection engine. With 170 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque, you’ll have all the power and torque you need to get wherever you need to go. Worried about spending a fortune at the pump? You can quash those worries: The 1.8L Turbo engine still achieves 25 mpg in the city* and 35 mpg on the highway*. This engine is great for drivers who want a good balance between efficiency and power.
- 2.0L Turbo: For the ultimate performance-driven Jetta experience, the 2.0L Turbo is your best bet. Its 33 mpg on the highway* and 23 mpg in the city*, combined with 207 lb-ft of torque and 210 hp with premium fuel gives it a best-in-class performance experience.
Premium Suspension: Enjoy Your Drive
The baseline 2017 Jetta S model includes everything you need to enjoy your drive. Its 4-corner independent suspension with front MacPherson struts, 4-link rear suspension and stabilizer bars provides an outstanding driving experience that effortlessly removes the bumps along the way so that you can focus on getting to your destination comfortably and smoothly. You’ll be amazed at how the Jetta glides along the road – no matter what conditions you might find along the way.
Looking for even more suspension capabilities? Check out the 2017 Jetta GLI – a turbocharged Jetta focused exclusively on delivering best-in-class performance capabilities and a sporty driving experience unparalleled by any other vehicle on the market in this segment. To experience the Jetta’s luxury suspension capabilities firsthand, visit us today at Pacific VW!
Outstanding Fuel Economy and Efficiency
Each and every 2017 Jetta model places emphasis on the importance of great fuel economy and efficiency – not only for the sake of your wallet, but also for the environment. Think of the Jetta has a vehicle with a conscious awareness of the environment around it – especially with its fuel economy metric of 40 mpg on the highway*. Here are the fuel economy metrics listed for each engine type:
- 1.4L: 28 mpg in the city*; 40 mpg on the highway*.
- 1.8L: 28 mpg in the city*; 40 mpg on the highway*.
- 2.0L: 25 mpg in the city*; 35 mpg on the highway*.
Ultimately, you deserve the very best in both performance and fuel economy. The 2017 Jetta has you covered for both of these key areas!
Experience the 2017 Volkswagen Jetta’s Performance Capabilities for Yourself Today at Pacific VW
At Pacific VW, we proudly serve the communities of Manhattan Beach, Long Beach, and Torrance. We would love to have the opportunity to demonstrate the performance capabilities of the 2017 Jetta, so be sure to visit us today at 14900 Hindry Avenue, Hawthorne, CA 90250 and give us a call at 855-975-9762 to learn more about the Jetta’s performance capabilities, including horsepower, fuel efficiency, and more. You can access our contact page here if you’d prefer to get in touch with us online. We hope to see you at Pacific VW soon!
*EPA estimates. Your mileage will vary and depends on several factors, including your driving habits and vehicle condition.