The 2017 Volkswagen Passat will take you from A to B in record time and without breaking the bank at the gas pump. Read on to discover more about its two revolutionary engine technologies and special performance features you’ve come to expect from this German-made automobile. We’ll also take a look at how you can experience the new turbocharged power of the Passat for yourself at Pacific Volkswagen, an LAcarGUY dealership proudly serving the communities of Manhattan Beach, Torrance, and Long Beach. Whether you’re looking for a replacement vehicle for your daily commute or something more exciting, we’re bound to have the right Volkswagen for your unique automotive needs. Let’s get right into it!
Engine Option 1: Turbocharged 1.8L TSI – Balanced Performance and Fuel Economy
The new Volkswagen Passat in its non-V6 models features an innovative turbocharged 1.8L TSI engine capable of balancing horsepower, torque, and fuel economy like no other engine in this class can. Let’s take a closer look at its capabilities, including horsepower, torque, and EPA-estimated fuel efficiency to see if it’s the right choice for your Volkswagen needs.
- Engine Specs: 1.8L inline four cylinder, 16V, turbocharged/ intercooled, DI.
- Horsepower and Torque: The 1.8L turbocharged engine features 170 hp and 184 lb-ft of torque – plenty of power to get you where you need to go.
- Fuel Economy: 34 MPG on the highway** and 23 MPG in the city** means you’ll save money at the gas pump.
Engine Option 2: 3.6L V6 – The Ultimate Passat Experience
Looking for a step up in performance from the turbocharged 1.8L TSI engine? You’ll definitely want to take a look at the outstanding performance and balanced fuel efficiency of the 3.6L V6 engine, available on select 2017 Passat trim levels. Even though it hypercharges the performance of the Passat, this engine option doesn’t sacrifice fuel economy to get there. Let’s take a look.
- Engine Specs: 3.6L VR6 (10.6 deg V), 24V, FSI.
- Horsepower and Torque: The 3.6L V6 engine features 280 hp with premium fuel and 258 lb-ft of torque with premium fuel to give you the best performance possible when you’re on the go.
- Fuel Economy: Even though the horsepower and torque specs of this engine are significantly improved over the 1.8L TSI option, you’ll still get 28 MPG on the highway** and 20 MPG in the city** – in other words, you’re still going to save money when you fill up even though you’re getting a much better performance experience.
Advanced Performance Technologies
The two engine options and their specs don’t tell the whole story when it comes to the performance capabilities of the 2017 Passat. In addition to these efficient and capable engine platforms, the new Passat also includes a number of innovative technologies designed to further enhance your driving experience. Let’s look at a few of those advanced performance features now.
- Turbocharged Technology: With turbo technology, the Passat is capable of channeling cool air right where it needs to go: the engine. By pumping in this colder air, your Passat is more capable of delivering the performance – horsepower and torque – as well as fuel efficiency you’ve come to expect from its precision engineering.
- Paddle Shifters: Available paddle shifters – inspired by the racetrack – are located near your fingers so that you can easily change gears and shift without having to take a hand off the steering wheel. Not only is this feature convenient, it also looks amazing and helps you stay safe when you’re on the go.
- DSG® Transmission: An available DSG transmission provides improved acceleration and significantly faster gear changes. Although this transmission is automatic, you can shift manually in Tiptronic® and switch to Sport mode if that’s the experience you would prefer. You won’t have to compromise when you drive the 2017 Passat!
Experience the Power of the 2017 Volkswagen Passat at Pacific VW Today!
The only way to determine which of the engine options and performance features of the 2017 Passat are right for your unique driving needs is to see them for yourself at Pacific Volkswagen. We proudly serve members of the Manhattan Beach, Torrance, and Long Beach communities, so if you’re a driver in the area and you want to see the new Passat for yourself, be sure to visit us at 14900 Hindry Avenue. In Hawthorne, CA 90250. For more information or to schedule an appointment, please be sure to get in touch with us on the phone at 855-826-7784 or through our online contact form. We hope to have the opportunity to demonstrate the outstanding fuel efficiency and performance of the Volkswagen Passat to you!
**EPA estimates. Your mileage will vary and depends on several factors, including your driving habits and vehicle condition.