The 2017 Volkswagen Passat Trims
If you're on the market for a midsize sedan built for family adventures, the 2017 Volkswagen Passat is certainly worth a close look. In this guide, we're going to take a look at each of the 2017 Passat's trim levels and models to help you determine which one is right for your needs. We'll be taking a look at the Passat S, Passat R-Line, Passat SE, Passat SE with Technology, Passat SEL Premium, Passat V6 SE with Technology, and Passat V6 SEL Premium models. If you need additional support or have any other questions about choosing the right Passat for your automotive needs, be sure to get in touch with us at Pacific VW for more information!
2017 Volkswagen Passat R-Line
Volkswagen Passat S
The new Volkswagen Passat S model boasts a great selection of luxury-tier features. This family-friendly sedan includes a number of safety and luxury technologies not typically found onboard sedans in this price range. A lighting package is available.
- Dual-Zone Climate Control: Front and rear occupants have democratic control over their respective temperature controls for maximum passenger comfort.
- Autonomous Emergency Braking (Front Assist): Should an imminent collision be detected ahead, the Passat will engage its automatic emergency braking system to significantly reduce damage and injury.
- Rearview Camera System: Keep an eye on what's behind you with the Passat's rearview camera system.
- MSRP: Starts at $22,440*.
Volkswagen Passat R-Line
The next step up from the baseline Passat S model is the Passat R-Line. As with the Passat S model, the Passat R-Line features a 1.8L Turbo engine capable of 34 MPG on the highway** and 23 MPG in the city** — in addition to its 170 hp.
- Passat R-Line Front and Rear Bumpers: Stylish front and rear bumpers confer a sophisticated look and feel on the Passat R-Line.
- 19” Salvador Wheels: Salvador wheels offer an instant fashion upgrade for appearance-conscious drivers.
- VW Car-Net® App-Connect: Stay connected with three technologies: MirrorLink, Android Auto, and Apple CarPlay. No matter what device you have onboard, you'll be able to seamlessly integrate it with your Passat.
- MSRP: Starts at $23,975*.
Volkswagen Passat SE
For drivers looking for additional style and comfort in their Passat journey, the Passat SE trim level is a great choice. In addition to its stellar luxury offerings, the Passat SE also has an available lighting package for enhanced style and safety. It runs on the 1.8L Turbo engine that also powers the Passat S and Passat R-Line models.
- Sunroof: Enjoy improved natural lighting with the sunroof.
- Keyless Access with Push-Button Start: Forget about fumbling around with keys – the Passat SE includes keyless access and an easy-to-use Push-Button Start system.
- Blind Spot Monitor: The Passat SE monitors your blind spots for improved driver awareness and accident reduction.
- MSRP: Starts at $25,495*.
Passat SE with Technology
Looking to enhance your Passat SE experience? Try out the Passat SE with Technology trim to gain access to an advanced set of technological features that revolutionize the Volkswagen experience.
- Discover Media Touchscreen Navigation: Touchscreen navigation technologies help you get from A to B with minimal fuss.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: By monitoring the road ahead, the Passat SE with Technology can modify your speed to keep consistent separation.
- Park Distance Control (Park Pilot): Need help parking? The Passat has you covered with this innovative technology.
- MSRP: Starts at $27,995*.
2017 Volkswagen Passat SE
2017 Volkswagen Passat SEL Premium
Passat SEL Premium
The Passat SEL Premium model takes the Passat to a new level of sophistication. As with the previous models, the Passat SEL Premium is powered by the 1.8L Turbo engine for maximum efficiency and performance. Read on to learn more about how the Passat SEL Premium enhances the Passat experience.
- Fender® Premium Audio System: Enjoy outstanding audio quality with the Fender audio system.
- Lane Departure Warning: If you begin to depart from your lane unintentionally, the Passat will give you a heads-up.
- Leather Seating: For improved comfort, enjoy the leather seats.
- MSRP: Starts at $30,995*.
Passat V6 SE with Technology
The 2017 Passat V6 SE with Technology upgrades the Passat experience with a hyper-charged 3.6L V6 engine and the same suite of advanced technologies found onboard other Passat trim levels with the technology package.
- V6 Performance: 3.6L V6 engine capable of 280 hp.
- Outstanding Fuel Economy: The Passat doesn't sacrifice efficiency: 20 MPG city** and 28 mpg highway**.
- Technological Features: Touchscreen navigation, Adaptive Cruise Control, and Park Distance Control.
- MSRP: Starts at $29,295*.
V6 SEL Premium
For the ultimate 2017 Volkswagen Passat driving experience, you'll want to pay close attention to the Volkswagen Passat V6 SEL Premium model. This trim level combines the V6 SE Technology platform with the same luxury features found onboard the Passat SEL Premium.
- Advanced Performance: Highly-advanced 3.6L V6 engine.
- Advanced Technology: All of the same technologies included onboard the Passat V6 SE with Technology.
- Advanced Luxury: All of the same luxuries found onboard the Passat SEL Premium model.
- MSRP: Starts at $33,995*.
Rearview Camera System
Discover the Right Passat Model for You at Pacific VW
Having a tough time choosing the right 2017 Passat trim level for you? The best way to determine which one is the right fit for you and your family is to take them each for a test drive. Visit us today at Pacific Volkswagen to see the Passat in action, or give us a call at 855-826-7607 to learn more. You can also contact us online. Get started today!
*Prices exclude transportation, taxes, title, other options and dealer charges. Dealer sets actual price.
**EPA estimates. Your mileage will vary and depends on several factors, including your driving habits and vehicle condition.